Part-time (Flexible hours)
Trustee to the Board
The Trustee will play an essential role in supporting the Executive Director and other Trustees in the strategic direction of Equitas Academies Trust along with holding its leaders to account. Ideally from a Finance and/or Human Resource Management profession, the successful applicant will decide on the joint vision for the Academies and the measures that are needed to monitor their performance. You will also be instrumental in strategic decision making. The Trustee will significantly influence the decisions and direction of the Academies by supporting the Chair, Executive Director and Senior Leadership Teams.
As a Trustee to the Equitas Academies Trust Board, you will work in partnership with the Executive Director and other senior staff to ensure that strategic decisions are achieved. You will also act as a steward of the Trust’s assets, both tangible and intangible, taking care over business objectives, processes, procedures and how they are used.
With the use of efficient monitoring you will, in collaboration with Board members, facilitate effective and measurable performance outcomes of the Trust.
Main purpose and responsibilities:
- • To contribute to the work of the Trust Board in ensuring high standards of achievement for all children and young people across the Trust.
- • Ensure that the Trust complies with all legal and regulatory requirements with particular use of expertise/knowledge in the areas of Finance and/or Human Resource Management at a strategic level.
- • Provide a source of challenge and support to the leadership teams within each academy
- • Ensure that the Trust’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
- • Be instrumental in ensuring; Governors, Committee members, Senior Leadership Teams, have a clear vision, mission and strategic direction that will enable Equitas Academies Trust to fulfil its business objectives and is focused on achieving these.
- • Monitor the quality of teaching and learning by holding a clear and concise picture of current standards and areas for development as identified through the Trusts’ development plan
- • Engaging all stake holders with specific regard for parents, understanding how to further develop positive relationships to support pupil progress, community cohesion and educational excellence across the MAT.
- • To gain the knowledge to review, edit and subsequently amend all non-statutory policies in line with best practice.
- • To attend all relevant training as identified via the Trust or Academy Committee to subsequently support the improvement of both knowledge and skill set for members.
- • Ensure that the Trust complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record of working in the education sector or experience of Finance, HRM and/or Business Management at strategic leadership level. Ideally you will also have governance and collective decision-making experience together with the ability to contribute to constitutional, legal, regulatory and statutory requirements of an educational establishment.
The Board of Trustees meet a minimum of four times a year and there are committee meetings every half term which equates to six per academic year.
Outside of board meetings, SLT may consult with trustees on particular subjects relating to their area of interest or competency.
Trustees are appointed for two years and can serve a maximum of 8 years.
The role is unpaid but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed e.g. travel
How To Apply
In the first instance, we welcome a conversation and/or a visit to the schools so that you can meet some of our executive team and see for yourself what our Trust is all about. If you then decide to proceed with an application, further details of how to apply are in the paragraph below.
Please complete the application form available on the Aston Manor Academy website: www.astonmanoracademy.com/vacancies . You can also request an application pack from the Human Resources department by phone : 0121 359 8108 or via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should be accompanied by a letter of application addressed to Alex Lofthouse, Chair of Equitas Academies Trust Board. The letter should enhance, but not repeat the information given in the form and should be of no more than two sides of A4.
Returning the Application Form and Letter
These should be returned to the Human Resources department.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.
Please send the completed application form and letter to email@example.com
Or to the Academy address:
Aston Manor Academy,
Phillips Street, Aston,